Revision as of 16:41, 21 August 2007 by ClemensLadisch
CMI8788 driver status
This driver is based on C-Media's driver (from the Bgears website; it seems it's so buggy that C-Media doesn't want to publish it).
I need testers (I don't have the hardware).
- Analog output/input should work.
- Digital output/input should work.
- Front panel output/input not yet supported.
- Mixer control handling needs to be rewritten.
- Missing support for volume controls of PCM1796 DAC (used on Asus Xonar).
- Bug: all audio data is forced to 48 kHz.
my TODO list
- CMI8788 driver
- use hrtimers in the MIDI sequencer
- usb-audio: allow shorter-than-1ms periods for high-speed devices (just remove the code that rounds periods to USB frames)
- usb-audio: handle MIDI write errors better
- move non-public headers out of linux/include/sound/
- PCI: annotate in-memory data structures read by bus master chips with __le/be
- implement (some?) OSS 4 API ioctls
- test (i.e., use) alsa-python
- use dev_printk?
- various subsystem send different and too many MIDI reset commands when a port is closed
- usb-audio: restructure
- OSS emulation by redirecting to user space (like FUSE, but we need ioctls and mmap)
- MIDI synth: support more sysex commands
- MIDI synth: MIDI tuning
- ymfpci: MIDI synth