- contains compatibility and build code for 2.2, 2.4 and older 2.6 kernels
- contains linux 2.6 kernel tree
- alsa kernel mirror tree for continuous development (contains ALSA parts from alsa-kernel.git tree)
- oss compatibility
- official python binding
- ALSA service repo (misc files)
Read only GIT server
- git clone git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-driver.git alsa-driver
- git clone git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-kernel.git alsa-kernel
- git clone git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-kmirror.git alsa-kmirror
- git clone git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-lib.git alsa-lib
- git clone git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-utils.git alsa-utils
- git clone git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-firmware.git alsa-firmware
- git clone git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-tools.git alsa-tools
- git clone git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-plugins.git alsa-plugins
- git clone git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-oss.git alsa-oss
- git clone git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-python.git alsa-python
- git clone git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa.git alsa
For developers - kernel drivers
- 1) be very very very carefull when you use '--force' for 'git push', you can broke whole repository
- 2) valid 'Signed-off-by:' line must be in the commit text
Rules for alsa-kernel.git
- 1) subject (first commit text line) must start with '[ALSA] ' or 'ALSA: '
Note that 'master' branch in alsa-kernel.git is synced with alsa-kmirror.git 'master' branch automatically. So if you add a patch to alsa-kernel.git, it will be merged to alsa-kmirror.git (if no problem occurs) when you initiate 'git push' to the ALSA server. It's really required to see messages from the pre-receive script when something goes wrong. The script is trying to suggest what's going wrong and try to show you a problematic code (diff).
Pushing to 'alsa-kmirror.git' should be only done if:
- a) you fixing a sync problem
- b) you are modifying a file which is out of sync (scripts directory or so)
In all other cases, only alsa-kernel.git repository should be used.
The pre-receive script uses all four commit identifiers Author + AuthorDate + Commit + CommitDate to pair commits between alsa-kernel.git and alsa-kmirror.git. Use this information, if you like to add some commits manually to alsa-kmirror.git tree.
- PRE-RECEIVE repositories does not match, please, fix it
- The alsa-kmirror.git#mastter and alsa-kernel.git#master sources does not match. You have to do manual changes in alsa-kmirror.git repository to sync trees. A diff between alsa-kmirror.git and alsa-kernel.git is printed to stderr, so you can analyze it and do appropriate steps.
- PRE-RECEIVE Patch failed - is it already merged?
- Appearently, you're trying to apply a patch which cannot be applied cleanly to alsa-kmirror.git#master. One reason might be that the patch is already applied, but the pre-receive script does not know about it. You may add commiter and commitdate to alsa-kmirror/scripts/git-ok-commits file to skip problematic commit (but only if you really verify, that this commit is already in the alsa-kmirror tree).
git clone email@example.com:alsa-driver.git alsa-driver git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:alsa-kernel.git alsa-kernel git clone email@example.com:alsa-kmirror.git alsa-kmirror
To show all branches (includes remote ones):
git branch -a
To make a remote branch local:
git checkout -b for-linus origin/for-linus git checkout -b linux-2.6 origin/linux-2.6
Update and rebase using Linus's 2.6 kernel tree
Add remote URL:
git remote add linux-2.6 git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
Checkout linux-2.6 branch:
git checkout linux-2.6
Pull Linus's 2.6 changes:
git pull linux-2.6 master
Rebase our main ALSA development master branch with linux-2.6:
git rebase linux-2.6 master
Push branch changes to ALSA GIT repository
git push --tags origin master:refs/heads/master git push --tags origin linux-2.6:refs/heads/linux-2.6 git push --tags origin for-linus:refs/heads/for-linus
Note: Especially after 'git rebase' the repository on server is not consistent with local repository (remote ref is not ancestor of the local ref for master branch), so you have to use --force parameter for 'git push' command. Note that this might be dangerous - we probably need to settle a locking mechanism to prevent inconsistent changes.
- this branch is for main development (Andrew Morton will get patches for mm tree)
- this branch is for mainstream tree (for Linus Torvalds)
- this is official linux 2.6 mainstream tree
- patches for stable 2.6 kernels
- all developers can create a private branch to test a particular set of patches, prefix for these branches is 'private-' (for example private-alsabug-1234, private-tiwai-vmaster etc.)
Private tags are not allowed. Only tags identifying ALSA version (alsa-kmirror.git and alsa-driver.git) or official linux kernel version (alsa-kernel.git) are allowed.
GIT server is maintaned by User:Perex.